The Georgia-Florida Maxxis Dirt Series will present race one of the Summer Dirt Series on June first through second, 2012. This event will take place at Callahan Speedway in Callahan, Florida.
The schedule for this weekend of racing is as follows:
Friday, June First:
- Gates will open at five o’clock pm.
- Practice will take place from six o’clock until seven-thirty pm.
- Parking will take place from five o’clock until ten o’clock pm.
Friday Night Money Races:
- EL Box Stock Light
- EL Purple Plate Box Stock
- EL Box Stock Heavy
These go kart money races will each pay two hundred dollars to the winners. Second place will pay one hundred dollars, and third place will pay fifty dollars. The entry fees for these races will be thirty dollars per entry. There is a twelve kart minimum for these races.
Saturday June Second:
- Gates will open at seven o’clock am.
- The drivers’ meeting will take place at nine-twenty am.
- Practice will begin ten o’clock am.
Saturday go kart money races:
- Pro EL Box Stock Heavy will run a thirty lap feature. The winner of this go kart money race will receive $1000. Second place will pay two hundred dollars, third place will pay one hundred dollars, fourth place will pay eighty dollars, and fifth place will pay seventy dollars. The entry fee for this event is sixty-five dollars. The payout for this race is guaranteed. This is a non-points race. In order to compete in this race, you must also compete in a point class.
- Pro Open Box Stock Heavy will compete with a big pipe, open clutch, and Billet flywheel. This will be a twenty lap feature race. The winner of this money race will take home five hundred dollars. Second place will pay one hundred fifty dollars, third will receive seventy-five dollars, fourth will receive fifty dollars, and fifth will be paid forty dollars. The entry fee for this event is fifty-five dollars. There is a fifteen kart minimum for this go kart money race. This is a non-points race. In order to compete in this race, you must also compete in a point class.
- The Pro EL Purple Plate Box Stock Heavy, Pro EL Junior Unrestricted Box Stock, and Pro EL Super Heavy Box Stock classes will pay three hundred dollars to the winner in each class. Second place will receive eighty dollars, third will pay sixty dollars, fourth will pay forty dollars, and the fifth place finisher will be paid thirty dollars. There is a seventeen kart minimum for each of these classes. This is a non-points race. In order to compete in these races, you must also compete in a point class.
The following point classes will compete:
- Green Beginner Rookie (Green Plate)
- Junior 1 EL Green Box Stock (Green Plate)
- Junior 2 EL Purple Box Stock (Purple Plate)
- Open Maxxis Purple Box Stock
- Open Maxxis Junior Unrestricted Box Stock (Big Pipe, Open Clutch, Billet Flywheel)
- EL Junior Unrestricted Box Stock
- EL Box Stock Lite
- EL Box Stock Medium
- EL Box Stock Heavy
- EL Box Stock Super Heavy
- EL Box Stock Senior
- Open Maxxis Box Stock Heavy (Big Pipe, Open Clutch, Billet Flywheel)
- Predator 375 (Harbor Freight Predator Motor)
- Builder Prepared Heavy (BSP Engine with Big Pipe, Open Clutch and Billet Flywheel can run this class also)
- Senior Champ Heavy (Animal, Builder Prepared, or Box Stock With Big Pipe, Billet Flywheel and Open Clutch)
There is a thirty-five dollar entry fee for all point classes.
Championship rings will be awarded to Class Champions at the end of the season. Any triple crown winners will be awarded a box stock motor. The top five will also receive plaques. You must compete in three of four races to be eligible for year end awards.
The gate fee is fifteen dollars. Children six and under will be admitted free. Reserved parking is twenty dollars per spot. Call Brian at (912) 294-4192.